I am a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), and I hold a Master’s degree in Couples, Marriage and Family Therapy from Portland State University. My undergraduate degrees are in Psychology and Studio Art from the University of Redlands. I spent the first several years of my career working with children, adolescents, and families providing in-home and community-based therapy and crisis response. I have also worked in school-based settings providing individual and family therapy to students from a variety of backgrounds. Nowadays, I work primarily with adult individuals wishing to live with joy and authenticity, and couples wishing to strengthen their communication and deepen their connection.
I have training and experience in the following:
- Narrative Therapy, which explores your personal story in order to rewrite it to one that is strengthening and empowering,
- Nonviolent Communication, a tool for communicating feelings and needs in a clear, non-threatening way,
- Motivational Interviewing, a way to explore the hows and whys of reaching your goals,
- Strategic/Structural Family Therapy, an active and effective method to strengthening families and working through conflict,
- Collaborative Problem Solving, a way for parents to address behavioral issues with challenging children,
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), which helps you identify the thoughts and feelings behind your actions,
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), which helps develop coping skills for negative thought patterns and destructive behaviors,
- Solution-Focused Brief Therapy, a way to find quick solutions to get you out of pain before you work deeper,
- Crisis Counseling, Group Therapy, Teen Counseling, and more.
I studied at the Institute for Integrative Nutrition where I learned innovative coaching methods, practical lifestyle management techniques, and over 100 dietary theories; everything from Ayurveda, gluten-free, and Paleo, to raw, vegan, and macrobiotics, and everything in between.
I studied with the world’s top health and wellness experts including:
- Dr. Andrew Weil, MD, director of the Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine
- Deepak Chopra, MD, leader in the field of mind-body medicine
- Dr. David Katz, MD, MPH, director of Yale University’s Prevention Research Center
- Dr. Walter Willett, MD, DrPH, chair of nutrition at Harvard University
- Gabrielle Bernstein, bestselling author and life coach
- Susan Blum, MD, MPH, assistant clinical professor at Mount Sinai School of Medicine
- Mark Hyman, MD, founder of The UltraWellness Center
- Geneen Roth, bestselling author and expert on emotional eating
- David Wolfe, raw food leader and nutrition expert
- Marion Nestle, PhD, MPH, professor at New York University’s Department of Nutrition, Food Studies, and Public Health
- Mark Bittman, food writer for the New York Times and bestselling author
- Joel Fuhrman, MD, family physician and leading expert on nutritional healing
- Joshua Rosenthal, founder and director of the Institute for Integrative Nutrition
- …and many other leading researchers and nutrition authorities
My education has equipped me with extensive, cutting-edge knowledge in mental health, relationships, holistic nutrition, health coaching, and prevention. Drawing on my expertise, I work with clients like you to help make lifestyle changes and choose health-promoting ways that produce real and lasting results. You will develop a deeper understanding of health and lifestyle choices that work best for you, improving your relationships, energy, balance, health, and happiness. I will personally and carefully guide you to make simple, small changes that transform your life.